Cosmic Encounter | Other Eon Products
Cosmic Encounter: Science Fiction Game
Box art with the alien moonscape is the 1977 edition. Lid art with the robed tentacle creature is the 1978 edition. The contents are identical.
* Hexagons: 4 planet systems, each with 5 planets; and a central section containing the Space Warp for lost tokens.
* Tokens: 4 sets of 20 colored tokens, representing Beings.
* Star Discs: 4 sets of 4 discs, colored to match the tokens.
* The Deck: 54 cards, including 46 Challenge cards and 8 Edict cards.
* Alien Power Cards: 15 cards, each illustrating an Alien Being and describing its unique power and history.
* Hyper-Space Cone: A moveable piece used to carry players' tokens into a challenge.
"A Science Fiction game for 2-4 players, average playing time 45 minutes. The game in which each player becomes an Alien Being with a unique power, seeking to control the universe."
1977, 1978 ... Eon Products
Cosmic Encounter Expansion Set #1
"Contains: Planet System, Star Discs, and Tokens for a fifth player & these 10 Aliens:
CRYSTAL (Power of Arrangement)
DICTATOR (Power to Command)
GRUDGE (Power of Revenge)
MAGNET (Power to Attract or Repel)
PARASITE (Power to Infest)
PLANT (Power to Graft)
SEEKER (Power of Truth)
SKEPTIC (Power to Doubt)
WILL (Power of Choice)
WORM (Power to Tunnel)
1977 ... Eon Products
Cosmic Encounter: The Science Fiction Game For Everyone
West End Games released a version of Cosmic Encounter. -W
1986 ... WEG 20040 ... ISBN 0874310415
Other Eon Products
Darkover: The Ages of Chaos - A Game of Psychic Conflict [BOX SET]
• Playing Board: Showing the seven domains, each with several "areas" — a tower, a castle, and various geographical areas. Also shown is an area marked exile. The playing surface off the board is the overworld.
• Matrix Screens: Four color coded sets. The 3 notched pieces of each set fit together to make a screen to be placed in front of a player.
• Clan Tokens: Four sets with 15 of each color, numbered 1 to 10 with duplicates of the odd numbers. Each set represents a player's clan.
• Power Discs: Eight sets of 3, each showing a Keeper, Starstone, or Sword.
• Peril Chips: Thirty-six in all, 4 swords, 1 fire, 1 fire-watch, 1 snow storm, 1 kite, 1 Ghost Wind, 1 Chieri, 26 psychic spells valued 0 to 3.
• Plot Cards: Four sets of 6, each showing one of the domains surrounding Elhalyn.
• Monitor and Crown: 1 of each.
"Based on the best-selling science fiction novels by Marion Zimmer Bradley.
On a beautiful alien world, a race of telepathic humans control elemental energies which can destroy their planet. Darkover —
— where players compete in fierce psychic struggles.
— where players seek revenge by hurling deadly forces from the Overworld to destroy their enemies.
— where daring strategies and unique psychic gifts lead to quick reversals of fortune.
— where players conceal their own feelings while luring their opponents into dangerous emotional outbursts.
— where the mysterious Ghost Wind unleashes bizarre human behavior and threatens to reveal players' secret desires.
— where the mounting tensions are suddenly resolved in gut-wrenching laughter.
Darkover — a Future Pastimes creation"
1979 ... EON Products
Runes: A Different Kind of Word Game
* 2 to 4 players
* Average playing time 30 minutes
* Ages 10 to Adult
"Like the splitting of atoms, RUNES breaks words down to their most basic elements, then builds them up into an alluring game that's both verbal and visual. Play RUNES and discover the hidden language that lies within the very letters themselves."
1981 ... Bill Eberle & Jack Kittredge & Peter Olotka & Linda Bound (art) ... EON Products
| EON Products | Supremacy |
| 2300 AD | 7th Sea | AD&D | Aftermath! | Albedo | Aliens | Arduin | Alternity | Amazing Engine | Amber Diceless | Ars Magica | Atlantis | Babylon 5 | Battletech | Boardgames / Wargames - Other | Boot Hill | Buck Rogers | Bushido | Call of Cthulhu | Castle Falkenstein | Chill | Chivalry & Sorcery | Conan | Cyberpunk | Cyborg Commando | Dark Conspiracy | DC Heroes | Deadlands | Doctor Who | DragonQuest | Dream Park | Dune | Dungeons & Dragons | Dying Earth | Earthdawn | Elfquest | Elric / Stormbringer | Everway | The Fantasy Trip | Foreign Language Roleplaying Games | Game of Thrones | Gamma World | GangBusters | Gear Krieg | Ghostbusters | GURPS | Harn | High Fantasy | Indiana Jones | James Bond | Jorune | Judge Dredd | Justifiers | Living Steel | Lords of Creation | Man, Myth & Magic | Marvel Super Heroes | Middle Earth Role Playing | Midkemia | Military Roleplaying Stockpile | Millennium's End | Miscellanea | Morrow Project | Mythus - Dangerous Journeys | Nightlife | Pendragon | Phoenix Command | Powers & Perils | Red Sonja | Renegade Legion | Riddle of Steel | Ringworld | Robotech | Rolemaster | Runequest | Shadowrun | Shatterzone | Sovereign Stone | Space 1889 | Space Master | Space Opera - Other Suns | Star Ace | Star Frontiers | Star Trek | Star Wars | Super Hero RPGs | Talislanta | Talisman | Tekumel | Terminator 2 | Thieves' World | Timemaster | Top Secret | Traveller | Tribe 8 | Tunnels & Trolls | Twilight: 2000 | Villains & Vigilantes | Warhammer | Whispering Vault | Willow | Witchcraft | Ysgarth | CAMPAIGN BUILDING | RPG MAGAZINES | Avalanche Press | Avalon Hill | Bard | Chaosium | Columbia Games | Dream Pod 9 | Fantasy Games Unlimited (FGU) | FASA | Flying Buffalo | Game Designers Workshop (GDW) | Gamelords | Gamescience | Games Workshop | Judges Guild | Leading Edge Games | Mayfair Games | Metagaming | Pacesetter | Palladium | SPI | Steve Jackson Games | Tri Tac | TSR | Victory Games | West End Games | White Wolf | Wizards of the Coast | Yaquinto Publications |
| Return Home | What's New | Contact WaynesBooks.com |